In addition to the duties of a receptionist, the Secretary and Registrar
- Maintains the departmental website;
- Edits Tabulae, the annual department newsletter;
- Reserves classrooms for departmental functions and after-hours use;
- Processes and submits travel authorizations, reimbursements and insurance requests;
- Submits building maintenance requests;
- Serves as the departmental Parking Coordinator;
- Coordinates the course timetable and classroom requests;
- Prepares and distributes the course schedule;
- Deals with student registration issues;
- Assists with the ordering of textbooks and orders desks copies.
Kim S. Miles
Student Services Manager
The Student Services Manager handles most matters relating to students and the undergraduate and graduate programs.
In the graduate admissions process,
- Maintains applicant files;
- Provides notifications;
- Coordinates department visits;
- Plans, organizes, and oversees new student orientation.
For graduate students,
- Maintains student files;
- Prepares personnel actions;
- Provides students with notifications and information;
- Helps schedule exams and defenses;
- Assists the Chair with teaching appointments.
For undergraduate students,
- Coordinates departmental prizes and awards;
- Organizes the departmental commencement ceremony.
- Handles reimbursements and payments to vendors;
- Holds the Department purchasing card.
Cinnamon S. Weaver
The Department Manager supervises most non-academic aspects of the department, especially all HR and finance matters.
- Manages the budgets for all departmental accounts and faculty research funds (state, trust, grant, overhead, and summer school);
- Approves payments for invoices, independent contractors, reimbursements for faculty and graduate student purchases and travel.
In the area of HR,
- Hires, supervises and evaluates staff employees, work-study students and library staff;
- Coordinates, assists and submits documentation for faculty searches and fixed term hires;
- Assists in preparation of visa documents.
- Distributes building keys;
- Coordinates the computer deployment;
- Coordinates arrangements for conferences and visiting faculty.