In addition to the duties of a receptionist, the Secretary and Registrar
- Maintains the departmental website;
- Edits Tabulae, the annual department newsletter;
- Reserves classrooms for departmental functions and after-hours use;
- Assists the Manager with travel reimbursements;
- Submits building maintenance requests;
- Serves as the departmental Parking Coordinator;
- Coordinates the course timetable and classroom requests;
- Prepares and distributes the course schedule;
- Deals with student registration issues;
- Assists with the ordering of textbooks and orders desks copies;
Kim S. Miles
Student Services Manager
The Student Services Manager handles most matters relating to students and the undergraduate and graduate programs.
In the graduate admissions process, she
- Maintains applicant files;
- Provides notifications;
- Coordinates department visits;
- New student orientation;
For graduate students, she
- Maintains student files;
- Prepares personnel actions
- Provides students with notifications and information;
- Helps schedule exams and defenses;
- Assists the Chair with teaching appointments.
For undergraduate students, she
- Coordinates departmental prizes and awards;
- Organizes the departmental commencement ceremony.
- Handles reimbursements and payments to vendors
- Holds the Department purchasing card.
Cinnamon S. Weaver
The Department Manager supervises most non-academic aspects of the department, especially all HR and finance matters.
- Manages the budgets for all departmental accounts and faculty research funds (state, trust, grant, overhead, and summer school);
- Approves payments for invoices, independent contractors, reimbursements for faculty and graduate student purchases and travel;
- prepares purchase orders for equipment and services over $5,000.
In the area of HR, she
- Hires, supervises and evaluates staff employees and work-study students, including library staff;
- Assists with new faculty searches;
- Assists in preparation of visa documents.
- Distributes building keys;
- Coordinates the computer deployment;
- Coordinates arrangements for conferences and visiting faculty.